Protecting against storm damage
With the possibility of Hurricane Lorenzo coming our way in the next few days, here’s a reminder of some helpful advice and tips to protect your home.
If a storm is forecast, doing the following will enable you to limit the amount of damage incurred by your home.
The best way to prevent damage is to make sure that you watch out for any signs that maintenance is needed to your property and act on it before it’s too late:
• Ensure that items in the garden are either placed indoors or are tied down, particularly barbeques and trampolines.
• Gates should be bolted shut so they do not swing dangerously in the wind.
• Keep your fences and boundary walls in good condition so that they will be sturdy.
• Make sure that drain pipes and gutters are properly fixed in place and free from clutter which could become hazardous debris in a storm.
• Keep gutters and drains clear so that rain water can drain away.
• Replace any blown brickwork and fill in any cracks that you find.
• Keep external woodwork in good condition and renew weatherproof coatings on a regular basis.
• Ensure that any slipped or cracked slates and tiles are fixed or replaced as soon as possible.
• Look out for cracked or loose cement around ridge tiles or chimneys and get them repaired.
• Check on roof coverings regularly and replace them when they show signs of deterioration.
• Unplug all unnecessary appliances to avoid damage from power surges.
Call us on 01 802 2354 or Visit www.CUsafe.ie
Visit www.winterready.ie for more information.
We expect to provide you with a full service even if Lorenzo lands but if this changes for any reason we’ll let you know through email, social media or postings on our website.
In the event of making a claim you can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org
A huge thank you to all those who dropped by our stand during @Ploughing19 and congratulations to all our competition winners.
The weather was fantastic and the atmosphere was electric, a great week was had by all.
We hope to see you all again next year (hopefully the weather will be as kind as it was this year).
Remember to discuss your Farm Insurance, call us on 01 802 2310 or to get expert advice on our wide range of insurance products. Call us today on 01 8022300 or visit our website: www.dolmen-insurance.ie